Getting to Know Me
Purpose: An "ice-breaker" to help people get to know each other on a personal basis.
Group Size: Any number
- Flip Chart paper - 1 piece per person
- Flip Chart markers - 1 per person
- Masking Tape
- Give each person a piece of flip chart paper, and make flip pens available.
- Ask them to answer the following five questions (or others that you like) on the flip chart.
- Favorite vacation place...
- Current book I'm reading...
- This statement is true or false...
- If reincarnation is true, I'd like to come back as...
- Favorite triple-decker ice-cream cone is...
- As people have their chart ready, tape the flip chart on their front. Have them walk around and share. They can guess at people's true/false statements.
- When they are done, you may want to have them hang their charts in the room so people can see any they missed. It also continues to provide things to talk about and share.
The activity takes 15 to 25 minutes depending on the number of people.