Found in Collaborations Fall 2001
Ask participants to complete the phrase “I am” five times on a sheet of paper. Example:
- I am 35 years old.
- I am a programmer.
- I am fun to be with.
- I am married.
- I am leaving on vacation tomorrow.
You can share this in a number of ways:
- Have them get a partner. Both share their 5 statements.
- Have them find new partners and do the same. (Do as many times as you can.)
- Have them share in table groups.
- Have people share with the entire group one at a time until you’ve gone around the room five times.