If group size exceeds 20 people, this activity can become cumbersome.
Found in Collaborations Spring 2002
When you want to get people up and moving early in your meeting, try this approach.
- Ask people to line up based on “something” such as:
- number of miles traveled to the meeting
- number of years working in a particular function
- number of months working with a particular product or client
- distance from the meeting location to where you were born
- Once people line up, you can ask each to introduce herself and share something that relates to your meeting. Examples might be:
- A funny incident working with the client
- A career aspiration
- A goal for the project
Be sensitive about asking anything that might reveal a person’s age.